Fiesta Food To Make
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday celebrating the Mexican army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. While the holiday is not a major national holiday in Mexico, it is celebrated by many people worldwide as a day to enjoy Mexican food, drink, and culture.
If you’re looking to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some delicious Mexican food, here are seven incredible recipes to try:
Guacamole is a classic Mexican dip made from avocados, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice. It’s easy to make and can be served with chips, vegetables, or even tacos.
2. Elote Dip
Elote dip is Mexican street corn made with corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chili powder, and lime juice. It is typically served with tortilla chips or vegetables. Elote dip is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer perfect for parties or gatherings.
Add this mango pico de gallo to your Cinco de Mayo celebration or your next barbeque. This delicious and refreshing salsa is perfect for spring and summer to beat the heat. It is made with fresh mango, red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, bell pepper, lime juice, salt, and pepper. The mango adds a sweet and tropical flavor to the salsa, while the red onion and jalapeño pepper add a bit of heat.
4. Shrimp Fajitas: The Ultimate Tex-Mex Seafood Feast
Shrimp fajitas are a delicious and easy way to enjoy all the flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine. With tender shrimp, grilled vegetables, and your favorite toppings, shrimp fajitas will surely please everyone at the table.
Shrimp fajitas are also very versatile. You can customize them by adding different vegetables, proteins, and toppings.
Shrimp taco salad it’s not traditionally from Mexico. This is a Tex-Mex recipe you can add to your Cinco de Mayo celebration. It is delicious and healthy. It is versatile; you can air-fry or grill the shrimp and add your favorite fresh vegetables. The Chipotle crema is so simple; you just need a few ingredients. However, it is a light and refreshing dressing that perfectly complements the flavors of the shrimp and vegetables. I added mango pico de gallo to counterbalance the heat.
Agua de Sandia is literally translated to “watermelon water” and is one of the most beloved aguas frescas! I added other fresh fruits to this recipe to satisfy your guests’ thirst.
A margarita cocktail consists of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Some margarita recipes include simple syrup and are often served with salt on the rim of the glass. This easy margarita recipe was served shaken with ice, but you can also serve this blended. This recipe was from my collaboration with Herradura Tequila.
Here are some tips for making the most of your Cinco de Mayo celebration:
- Get together with friends and family. Cinco de Mayo is a great time to get together with friends and family and enjoy delicious Mexican food and drinks.
- Decorate your home or party space. Adding Mexican flags, banners, and other decorations can help create a festive atmosphere for your celebration.
- Play some Mexican music. Putting on some upbeat Mexican music can set the mood for your party.
- Learn about the history of Cinco de Mayo. Cinco de Mayo is a significant holiday in Mexican history, so taking some time to learn about its origins can add to the meaning of your celebration.
With some planning, you can have a fun and festive Cinco de Mayo celebration that everyone will enjoy.
Want more easy recipes? Check out these delicious offerings below:
- The Best Air-fried Corn Riblets
- The Best and Easy Egg Drop Soup
- The Best Mochi Brownies
- The Best Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice with Corn Cheese
- The Best Frittatas Are Like Omelets But Better.
Catch me on Instagram: