This salmon is the best air fryer recipe I have ever made in a while. Delicious, fast, and simple. Less than 15 minutes, and you get this beautiful and crispylicious goodness.
Salmon has got to be my favorite fish because you can grill it, air fry it, bake it, you name it. The hubby and I usually go for fresh salmon from Costco, but we decided to buy it frozen because we were traveling last week. The good thing about Costco’s frozen salmon is that they come individually wrapped. So you can thaw one, two, or how many fillets you want. Now, depending on how big your air-fryer is, you do not want to overcrowd the fish when they’re cooking.
There are four essential things I wanted to talk about before air-frying the salmon.
1- Thaw frozen salmon thoroughly inside the fridge—Pat excess water before seasoning.
2- Season the fillets before coating them with Panko, or add the seasoning with the Panko.
3- Lightly spray the Panko with cooking spray (this will help give that brown look to the air-fryer).
4- Overcrowding is a big no-no. You need space between the fish for air to circulate. This way, you can get that crispy outcome.
- Two salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 1 cup Panko or whatever breadcrumbs you prefer
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil cooking spray
- (optional) Cauliflower fried rice (store-bought)
- Purple cabbage
- Sweet chili sauce for the fish and dressing for the vegetables.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and if you ever make this, please tag me on Instagram; I’d love to see your creation. And always remember
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Want more easy recipes like this one? More Below
- The Best and Easy Homemade Ajitama (Soy Sauce Eggs)
- The Best and Budget-Friendly Shrimp Eggrolls (And They’re Easy to Make!)
- Creamy Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup: The Best and Easy Recipe to Make at Home
- How to Make Gyoza with Crispy Skirts: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Introducing the best summer meal: spicy salmon poke bowl!
Air-fried Panko Crusted Salmon
- 2 fillets (6 oz each) Salmon
- 1/2 cup Panko (or breadcrumb of your choice)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups Spinach (1 cup each serving)
- 2 cups Cauliflower fried rice (store bought)
- 1/2 small Purple cabbage
- 2 small Cucumbers
- 4 tbsp Sweet chili sauce (store bought, pour over the salmon and vegetables)
- Pre heat air-fryer 375F
- Prep the salmon and pat salmon fillets dry.
- Mix panko + garlic powder + onion powder+ cajun seasoning
- Lightly spray the panko mixture with cooking spray.
- Evenly coat each fillet with the panko mixture.
- Place a trivet or any baking wire rack on the air fryer (optional, this will help air circulate and cook the salmon evenly).
- Air-fry for about 8-10 minutes (REMEMBER: all air fryers are not equally the same, so you need to experiment with your machine.
- You can flip the fish about halfway through to even browning.
- Cut and prep the veggies, and Stir fry the cauliflower fried rice according to the packaging.
- Each serving must have 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of cauliflower fried rice, 1/4 purple cabbage roughly chopped, 1 cucumber sliced, and 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce.