If you love the classic tuna macaroni salad, you’ll love this version of mine. It’s simple, packed with added protein from the chickpea pasta and canned tuna. This pasta salad is an entire meal in one! Super filling and perfect for meal prep.
What you’ll need:
•Chickpea rotini, I love using this pasta for added protein. It is a healthy alternative to white pasta, providing more fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Barilla Chickpea Rotini is my favorite. It has 11g of protein for every 2 oz (56g) or 19g for every 3.5oz (100g).
•Canned tuna, Pantry staple, and super convenient. Rich in protein and contains many vitamins and minerals such as B-complex, A, D, and more.
Wild Planet Albacore or Skipjack Tuna is my favorite. So sustainable 100% pole & line caught. Each can have no fillers, and the texture is meaty compared to other brands.
•Red onion is an excellent source of antioxidants, which helps boost immunity.
•Carrot, rich in nutrients that promote your health. Packed with antioxidants.
•Mayonnaise has some health-promoting properties, but remember to use it in moderation.
•Apple cider vinegar is versatile and the perfect flavor enhancer in cooking.
•Salt & pepper, optional, but taste and adjust to your liking.
How to make tuna pasta salad?
•Star by cooking the pasta according to the directions on the package.
•Prep the other ingredients while the pasta is cooking.
•Drain the tuna very well. Chop the carrot and onion and set aside.
•Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
•In a large bowl or baking dish, combine the pasta and ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking. Season with salt and pepper. Add more apple cider vinegar for more tang, mayo, etc.
•Stir well, cover the pasta salad, and pop it into the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Loving this recipe? Check out the similar recipes below:
- The Best and Crispy Shrimp Balls
- The Best Cookie Skillet With Ice Cream
- Thanksgiving with a Twist: The Best Seafood Boil
- The Best Mocktail For Thanksgiving
- The Best of Mom’s Classic Tuna Casserole
Tuna Chickpea Pasta Salad
- 1 box (8.8oz) Chickpea Pasta (I used Barilla Brand)
- 1 can Tuna (I used Wild Planet Foods)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 small/med Carrot
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- In a pot, add water and salt (bring it to a boil). Next, add the pasta to the boiling water (cook for 7 min, after 7 min, turn the heat off and let the pasta cook for two more minutes).
- Prep the other ingredients while the pasta is cooking. Start with prepping and draining the tuna very well.
- Chop the carrot and onion and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl or baking dish, combine the pasta and ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking. Season with salt and pepper. Add more apple cider vinegar for more tang, mayo, etc.
- Stir well, cover the pasta salad, and pop it into the fridge for at least an hour before serving.