I don’t know about you, but my family loves waffles! We could eat waffles all day long, to be honest. The great thing about this cornbread waffle is that it is super easy to make and smells incredible! These waffles are made with Famous Dave’s cornbread mix; believe me, even your pickiest eater would enjoy it.
These waffles are not your traditional ones and only require simple ingredients that you may already have at home.
Famous Dave’s Cornbread Mix: This cornbread mix is our favorite! The restaurant typically serves its cornbread in muffin form, which is to die for!
FYI: if you can’t find this brand, feel free to use Krusteaz or jiffy mix.
Almond milk: Honestly, any milk will work fine, but we love almond milk.
Egg: I used a large egg, which acts as the batter’s binder.
Water: The box required water, which made the batter perfect, and not as sweet, which is what we wanted.
Cooking spray: Super helpful in preventing the batter from sticking to the waffle iron.
What to do:
Waffle making can be messy sometimes but embrace the beautiful process. Unfortunately, I never measure how much to put into the waffle iron, and sometimes you can’t avoid that extra batter oozing out on the side.
Mix: In a large mixing bowl, mix the ingredients. Add the water at the very end and slowly incorporate it (this will help with the kind of batter you aim for).
Waffle iron: Spray some cooking spray on a hot waffle maker, and add the batter in the center. You can push the batter out a bit, and close the lid.
Cooking process: Once you close the lid, you’ll see the light on top of your waffle maker. Cook for the perfect waffle for about a minute or so after the light turns off.
Wire Rack: Transfer the finished waffles on top of the wire rack to cool. or Serve it right away.
These waffles are not sweet and are perfect for serving with maple syrup, honey, or fruits.
- The Best And Easy Air-fried Panko Crusted Salmon
- The Best Tuna Chickpea Pasta Salad
- The Best and Easy Elote Dip
- Easy 4-ingredient Sugar-free Butterscotch Creme Brûlée
- Easy and Delicious Famous Dave’s Waffled Cornbread
Easy Cornbread Waffle
- 1 pouch Famous Dave's cornbread mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1/3 cup Water
- In a bowl, add cornbread mix, egg and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the water until you achieve the batter consistency (Not too runny or thick).
- Plug in the waffle maker, spray with cooking spray, and then add the batter in the center. Close the lid, and watch the light on the waffle maker. Once it turns off, add an extra 30 sec to 1 minute before removing the waffles.
- Remove the finished waffles on a wire rack and let them cool down, or serve them immediately.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup. Top with fruits and even whipped cream. Enjoy