This red velvet cookie is beautiful and tastes even better than they look. My family and friends are obsessed with them. I love baking these around the holiday because of the deep red color, which screams Christmas, plus it only requires five simple ingredients.
What you’ll need:
-Red velvet cake mix: I used Duncan Hines’s (15.25 oz) perfectly moist red velvet cake mix for this recipe. Super affordable, $1.49-$2.99.
-Egg: excellent source of moisture in cookie dough. They promote height, puffiness, and spreading in cookies.
-Butter: It’s the holidays, and I love using butter to bring incredible flavor to these cookies.
-White chocolate chips: this is optional but highly recommended. Red velvet cakes typically have cream frosting and adding these intensifies the cookies even more.
-Macadamia nuts: chopped macadamia nuts are also optional, but if you are somebody like me who loves crunch in their food, this is the perfect addition to upgrade these cookies.
Enjoying this recipe? Please check out the other recipes below:
- Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Best Miso-Glazed Sea Bass and Shrimp (Air-fried)
- The Best Red Velvet White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- The Best Dairy-free and Egg-free Garlic Rolls
- The Best and Better Than Panera’s Broccoli Cheese Soup (Copycat)
How to make the cookies:
-I love adding the butter to the stand mixer first vs. melting the butter.
-Add the chocolate chips, red velvet cake mix, and egg.
-When everything is all well incorporated, I add the macadamia nuts.
-I love even-sized cookies, so I weigh each dough at about 52 to 54g (you can make them smaller if you’d like).
-Preheat the oven to 350F.
-You can place each cookie dough in a muffin top cookie tray (need one? BUY ONE HERE). or add them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving room for them to expand. Place them 2-3 inches apart.
-Bake for about 13-16 minutes (depending on how big the cookies are, mine cooked at about 15 minutes).
Red Velvet White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup White chocolate chips
- 3 oz Chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add the butter and mix until the butter turns into cream (about 2 minutes)
- Add white chocolate chips, cake mix, and egg. Mix to a thick batter and add the macadamia nuts.
- Spoon 52g to 54g of batter, roughly roll each dough (not to a perfect ball), and place each cookie dough on a muffin-top cookie tray. Or on a baking tray with parchment paper, leaving 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes until cookies.
- Let it cool and enjoy