If you love the classic lasagna, you will most definitely enjoy this easy meatless, dairy-free lasagna roll-ups. They make the perfect meal prep because it re-heats well and is even better the next day. This dish is so comforting and one of my family’s most requested meals this time of year.
Meatless: these lasagna roll-ups are “beefy” from the impossible meat grounds. They taste like real meat with no aftertaste like other brands.
Marinara sauce: I opted for store-bought marinara sauce. You can make your own sauce, but store-bought is the way to go for easy meal prep.
Lasagna pasta: I know there are many options with lasagna pasta nowadays, but we want the regular long lasagna pasta here. It is the perfect vessel to hold up all the filling, and it makes easy roll-ups.
Tofu Ricotta: I made this dairy-free tofu ricotta (Full recipe below). It sounds weird to some, but believe me, it tastes AMAZING! I used extra firm tofu, and I added spinach for added greens.
Cheese: I used dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese, which melted like real cheese.
Seasoning: I used minimal seasoning, but a little goes a long way with this recipe.
-Extra Firm Tofu
-Frozen or fresh spinach
How to Make Lasagna Roll-ups:
The process is straightforward and super simple to prep from start to finish.
-Start by cooking the lasagna pasta. Drain and set aside
-Make the tofu ricotta by adding all the ingredients in a food processor (set aside)
-Then make the impossible meat sauce.
-On each lasagna pasta, add meat sauce and spread tofu ricotta.
-Roll up the noodles, and add them to a baking dish.
-Bake to perfection
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Meatless Lasagna Roll-ups
- 10 pieces Lasagna pasta
- 15-20 oz Marinara sauce
- 1/2 Red onion
- Pot of Water (for cooking the pasta)
- Salt (for cooking the pasta)
- 1 block Extra firm tofu (pressed and completely dry out of liquid)
- 2 cups Frozen or Fresh Spinach (if using frozen, completely thaw spinach and squeeze out the liquid)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic salt
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp Mushroom seasoning
- 2 tbsp Water
- Add water and a pinch of salt to a pot and bring to a complete boil. Add the lasagna pasta (cook according to the box direction minus 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare the tofu by completely pressing and squeezing the liquid out completely.
- For fresh spinach: add them to boiling water for 1 minute, then immediately add to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Then, completely squeeze out the water.
- For Frozen spinach: Completely thaw it out, and squeeze the liquid out.
- In a food processor: add the tofu, nutritional yeast, and water, and blend till crumbly. Next, add the wilted spinach, garlic salt, and all the other seasoning and blend till you get a ricotta consistency.
- Taste, and add more seasoning if needed.
- Cook the impossible meat till brown, season with salt and pepper, then add 10 oz of marinara sauce.
- Add about 2oz Marinara sauce on a baking tray.
- On a clean surface, layer your lasagna pasta, spread the impossible meat sauce mixture, spoon dollops of the tofu ricotta, and spread.
- Start rolling the pasta upwards from the bottom until it's all rolled up.
- Add the rolled lasagna inside the baking dish; when done, add the rest of the marinara and tofu ricotta on top and sprinkle some more garlic salt.
- Add vegan mozzarella on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake lasagna for about 30-35 minutes at 350F.
- Remove the foil and bake uncovered for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy
One response to “The Best and Easy Delicious Meatless Lasagna Roll-ups”
[…] The Best and Easy Delicious Meatless Lasagna Roll-ups […]