I know not everyone is not a fan of pumpkin, but you have got to try this creamy and comforting fall recipe, Pumpkin queso. Believe me when I say even the pickiest eater in your family (my big kid) will FALL in love with this dip.
Pumpkin Queso Ingredients:
-Pumpkin puree (NOT PUMPKIN FILLING)
-Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
-Whole wheat flour
-DF heavy cream
-Mushroom seasoning (if not available, use salt)
Creamy Pumpkin Queso
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin filling)
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Vegatable broth
- 1/2 cup Dairy-free Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Mushroom seasoning (or salt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Pumpkin seeds (Garnish, optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and slowly incorporate whole wheat flour. Stir until smooth.
- Pour in vegetable broth, and stir in the DF cream.
- Bring to a slight boil while constantly stirring (the mixture will thicken).
- Add the cheese and all the seasoning, and stir until the cheese melt.
- Serve it with pretzel bites, pita chips, tortilla chips, etc.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.