Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Whether following a low-carb diet or want a low-carb mashed potato alternative, this creamy cauliflower is for you! This easy recipe is the perfect side dish to add to your Thanksgiving feast.
Cauliflower is not only lighter in calories than potatoes, but it is also lower in carbs, and it is more nutrient-dense. In addition, cauliflower has a mild flavor, which is why it is the perfect alternative.
This easy mashed cauliflower recipe is made with super simple ingredients. The taste is close to mashed potatoes, but it is cauliflower. I love cauliflower, so this is great.
Dairy-free heavy cream: If you don’t want higher fat content, use buttermilk instead of heavy cream. I also like using dairy-free because of my preference.
Butter: This is what gives this cauliflower that creamy, velvety texture.
Other Toppings: I used garlic and herb seasoning to finish this side dish. You can add more cheese, gravy, etc.
-Frozen bags of cauliflower
-Grated parmesan cheese
-Dairy-free heavy cream
-Salt & Pepper
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 bag (12 oz) Frozen Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup Dairy-free heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Garlic herb seasoning
- Steam the frozen cauliflower bag according to the bag's instructions. (The bag says to microwave for 5-6 minutes).
- Drain the steamed cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower and all of the ingredients to the food processor.
- Blend until smooth, taste, and add salt or cream if needed.
- Warm up the blended cauliflower over the stovetop.
- Top it with butter and garlic, and herb seasoning.